They did walk uprightly before God, imparting to one another both temporally and spiritually according to their needs and their wants.--Mosiah 18:29

Saturday, August 2

Pananampalataya Kay Jesu Cristo (Faith in Christ)

Hello everyone!
Okay so first of all funny story from this week. I guess they changed me MTC address from what they originally told me so now it is the same but September 4th as the departure date and unit #48
It was funny because some of the letters went through my first few days but the majority of them were redirected and got here all on Monday.(That's why I didn't answer your questions last week, sorry Mom) It was crazy because I walked in and had 12 Dear Elders and everyone heard about it because I guess that is an unheard of thing for 12 letters in one day! Now everyone says "oh it's mail time! Sister Turner gets to hear from her fan club!" haha it's so silly but I really do love hearing from everyone and thank you for writing me! Everyone who wrote me, even if I can't respond right away, know that I am totally in your fan club too and am rooting for you in all you do and pray for you all everyday! Thanks for the love!

Last Saturday after I wrote you all, we went to the Provo Temple because we are allowed to do that on P-days. I love the Provo temple. It is such a beautiful place both inside and out. Funny thing that happened though was that I got lost because I had never been there before and everyone just kind of took off because they had been there many times before. Then I couldn't find my companion and then I couldn't find my clothes to change into because the key to my locker was gone and then I lost my purse and it was just one thing after another. haha those poor temple workers. Trying to help a tired, clumsy sleep deprived sister Turner:) I think Heavenly Father knew what he was doing when he put Sister W and I together though because I lost my keys at the temple and a few days later she accidentally flushed our room key down the toilet. haha Perfect match! Except we need to step it up or we won't have any backups.

Sundays at the MTC are so great! We had our first sacrament meeting in Tagalog which was kinda neat and then we went to relief society which is a meeting where all the sisters go and hear from a super awesome speaker! This week was SISTER SHERI DEW!!!!!!!!!!! what what. Mormon Celebrity. 
Sister Dew talked about how God won't force us to learn, we have to exercise our agency or ability to choose in order to learn. Action is always required. Spiritual work is work. She talked about how one of Satan's most effective tools in leading us astray is to make us think that we should look around us at what other people in the world are doing to see what we should strive to become. But in reality we should always look up! It was really amazing,she is an incredible person!
It was such a great meeting also because one of my best friends Sister Jex sang a solo, she sounded so great and I totally cried. I am so blessed which such amazing friends!!

This week Sister W and I were also called as the sacrament meeting music coordinators and are teaching the little Sunday school type class this week so that is exciting. 

Sister W and I have committed to always "SYL" or speak our language. We speak in super broken Taglish and it's funny because I'm almost certain that my Tagalog is not improving, my English is just getting worse. haha so Now I speak both broken Tagalog and broken English. Jokelang. It's going pretty well considering. Tagalog is a beautiful language and I am excited to be able to understand and communicate with it more. (Hopefully soon!)
One of our teachers, Brother kaka is from New Zealand and he is seriously the coolest person to ever live. Actually I don't really know him at all but he is a really great teacher! haha He has a super cool accent and reminds me alot of Jaron Beckwith in how he is just so nice and friendly to everyone. He is super chill and he told us that "Learning a language is hard but learning tagalog is easy". I really want to believe that! haha The other day he was teaching us something and I asked him what language that was from and he said English. haha embarrassed-po. I told him I don't know how well I can learn tagalog if I don't even know English and he said I should probably just give up on English and focus all my efforts on Tagalog. "Maybe you'll have better luck with your next language sister Turner". Thanks Brother Kaka. Thanks a ton! haha
He also asked us why we were learning Tagalog. Then he showed us a bunch of super cute pictures of the Filipino people and he simply said "You are learning this language to help them. You are doing this to let them know that God loves them. This isn't just vocabulary memorization. This is for THEM. Whenever I am feeling frustrated with the language, I just think about those people in the Philippines who I could maybe help by sharing this message of God's love for them and the plan of happiness he has made for them and I become so much more motivated to learn crazy congregations and vocab where one word is the length of the alphabet haha. It's great. Teachers here are so awesome. 

Oh also this week was interesting because I had this super bad cold (still do) and learning Tagalog while taking a bunch of cold medicine and not being able to sleep at night is definitely an interesting experience but God has been giving me so much strength I know, because no matter how bad I felt, I was able to complete everything I needed too! So blessed! Also Sidenote but Dad will you please make me some of that chicken rice soup stuff you used to make for me when I was sick when I get home because I have been wanting that so bad all week! haha Love you!:)

I love the three hours of study time we have in the mornings for personal, companion and language study. The MTC campus is seriously one of the most beautiful places in the world and it so nice to study outside. This week, Sister W and I were sitting outside doing language study and a couple of Elders came up to us and asked us if they could practice teaching us a lesson. Of course we said yes! During the lesson, one Elder sang a hymn and it was so beautiful. I bet it looked weird this One teenage boy serenading two sister missionaries with a hymn but the spirit was so strong when he sang it was amazing. The MTC is a pretty great place.


Okay so I am about to run out of time so I will just bullet point a few other things.

-Sang in the choir for Tuesday night Devo and it was amazing. I have so many cool stories I guess I'll have to tell when I get home because It's just too much! ah! haa
-Brother John Groberg from the other side of heaven spoke to us and it was one of the most spiritual and amazing firesides I have ever been to. 
-Sister W and I were super nervous right before our lesson to our investigator because we didn't know any of the words in tagalog and the investigator only speaks that. We decided to hum a hymn before going in and we both started singing "I need the every hour" at the exact same time without planning it. It was so neat and our lesson went so well after that! (We are getting really good at charades and kind of good at Tagalog)

I love being a missionary. I love being at the MTC and I love all of you.
Have a wonderful week!
MUHAL KITA
Sister Turner:)

p.s- didn't even have time to explain the title of this letter. haha oh well. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment