Hello Everyone!
The title of the email is referring to how awesome this week
was and how many AMAZING THINGS HAPPENED. Not referring to the fact that I live
on an island that might as well be the middle of the sun it's so hot haha
But I am serious. We have seen so many miracles this week.
When I came out to the area 10 weeks ago, they had just split the area, and we
basically had no one to teach and spent all day everyday going door to door and
being rejected and just working super hard with very little success. But the
Lord is so good to us and through that hard work, he has allowed us to find
some of the most golden investigators you could ever imagine. They are so ready
for the gospel and their hearts are so open to the spirit I cannot even
explain. It's so great. So first, on Monday we came home from Grocery
shopping and one of our investigators was waiting at our house. She said she
really wanted to be taught so we walked to the church to teach (Remind me to
tell you the story of breaking into the church for April when we skype). Her
faith is so strong and as we taught the spirit really testified to her that our
message was true. She shared with us how she was struggling because she was
paying her own way through school and was the first one in her family to be
able to go to school and she was having a really hard time because she was
short for her tuition and need 500 pecos(which is about 15 dollars) and it was
so sad for me to think about because as missionaries we are not allowed to pay
for people's food/school/etc. but it is SO HARD because something so small for
me was the determining factor of if she could reach all of her dreams or not.
But it was so weird because after her sharing this with us we were prompted to
share with her the law of tithing and the spirit was so strong and even though
she is struggling so much with finances right now her faith is so strong and
she agreed to pay tithing after she is baptized. The people I teach really are
the ones teaching me. Have you ever had to choose to pay tithing or have food?
Or go to school? Or help your family ? Or buy your children shoes? Because
these wonderful people do! They have that choose and instead of justifying that
the don't need to follow a commandment, they do it anyway with faith and trust
in the lord that he will help them with the rest. I am so often amazed by them.
Tuesday was a really exciting day because we went to
one of the richest areas to track and I got to ring a doorbell!! I haven't seen
a doorbell in forever.It was so exciting!! I really think the level of
entertainment needed to keep me happy has gone down as a missionary haha.
Remind me to tell you the sneezing cow story at Christmas.
(Sorry i keep doing that to you, all my stories just sound lame typed. )
Okay the most exciting day was yesterday though. Because
November 9, 2014 was the best day of my life!!!! I don't even know if I can
adequately explain how great it was! Basically we had 3 golden investigators
taught in a row and they were all people that I personally found tracking!!
Also a less active woman who I have been visiting and teaching for 10 weeks who
hasn't been to church in over 6 months finally came back to church yesterday
and brought all her kids! And her little daughter is so sweet, she reminds me a
lot of me when I was her age. She told me "Sister, I want to be a
missionary when I grow up too,can I have my own book of Mormon?" Okay
heart melted. I think she was a big reasoned her mom came back to church. We
just started to teach their dad and I know they will be sealed in the temple
one day. Then we taught Dois Dado who is so astig. I love teaching him because
I literally see the spirit and knowledge of the gospel changing him and his
life. It is a privileged to watch. He will be getting baptized Dec 6.
Okay. Now the most amazing miracle of all!! We have one
investigator who we tracked a while ago but we haven't been able to teach her
in a few weeks and I was so sad but I was not about to give up on her. So
yesterday a billion and one things fell into place so that we were free and I
felt like we should drop by her house and basically had the best lesson ever. I
have literally never felt the spirit so strong in my life let alone in my
mission. The coolest thing is that the spirit had been teaching her the whole
time we weren't able to go to her. She has already read the BOM and prayed and
felt it was true. She has shared with her husband and he wants to be taught.
She is ready to commit to all the commandments. She knows Joseph Smith was a
true prophet of God and she asked us to be baptized!!!!!!!!!!!! Before we even
had a chance to invite her. So we taught her what baptism was and how it worked
and when I actually said the words to commit her to baptism the spirit was so
strong. I started crying and she started crying and it was so great. She just
said "I know this is going to be hard to change. But I know it's right. So
I need to". We told her about temple marriages and how families can be
sealed together so that they don't have to be till death do you part and she
wants that so bad. I got the strongest feeling that her whole family would not
only be baptized but would be sealed together in a temple of God and that I
would be there for that. I am so excited for them!!!!! ah. words cannot even.
Also right after that we went to another great family! It was the best day
ever. Also Sister Mccoard and I really are so close now. Like real sisters. We
are able to have the spirit with us and I know that any miracles we get to see
aren't because of us but entirely because of the spirit because we are trying
our very best to work hard and be exactly obedient, we have been able to have
that with us and witness the miracles the Lord has been preparing in this area.
When we were teaching yesterday I was so blessed because I felt so happy. Like
so happy you're going to explode or jump up and down screaming. I think that
means it was true joy. It was great. I want that feeling always. I think if I
can keep the spirit then I can feel that way! That's the goal anyways. I am so
excited for the upcoming week, I know it will be great too!
Love you all so much!
Have a wonderful week!
Sister Turner:)
No comments:
Post a Comment