They did walk uprightly before God, imparting to one another both temporally and spiritually according to their needs and their wants.--Mosiah 18:29

Monday, August 17

All you need is love

THIS WEEK WAS AWESOME. But now i am really low on time because of sending pictures.. hopefully Aunt Pam can post it on the blog. 

This week I learned a really important lesson. Or maybe I can say, relearned. I realized that we cant convinced people into the gospel, we have to LOVE them into the gospel. So this week instead of focusing so much on numbers of lessons or baptismal dates, I've been focusing on how I can really love these people I meet just like Christ would. and we are seeing SUCH MIRACLES. I wish I had time to write them all. First of all, we found golden investigators: monaliza, and quency and tess. Tess is the mom and the other two are her daughters. Her husband died 4 years ago. They were taught by missionaries before, they came to church sunday, they are golden, they will be baptized sep 26. I JUST KNOW IT WILL HAPPEN!

We also found this new area that is rice fields and so beautiful and we have been running there every morning. It's about 2 miles and is so fun. There is a huge bridge over a 12 foot deep river that we cross and feel super "wilderness valley explorer". We found some great new investigator families there and this morning, we got permission from president to go plant rice with them and it was SO FUN. And hard work. Filipinos are so tough and hardworking. but then it was cool because after we really gained their trust and got a ton of potential investigators and they invited us to their picnic (with rice of course) and it felt like a big Filipino family. Then they gave us a ride home which was awesome. We went there with Apple our recent convert and talked about service. Gosh I just dont even know how to explain how much I love being a missionary. It's finally getting to the point where it's like who I am completely and everything i do i just think about the people and they are my family and my investigators are my kids and i love them all so much and i love polangui. Even when it's hard. ITS JUST THE BEST AND I DONT EVEN KNOW HOW TO EXPLAIN. Tomorrowwe have MLC again and President has asked me to give a "special report" on the miracles I have seen in extending baptism on the first visit. The Apes called and said "sister turner, president choose you to do this because he knows you have done a good job with it and can share." Oh man, i guess that means president really does read our letters! haha I'm nervous because they dont usually have leaders do stuff like that at MLC its just the apes and president but i guess this is a good opportunity to share all the awesome experiences the Lord has given us. I still dont know what to say though and im nervous. Please pray for me!:)

 Hope you all have a good week!

I love you very much!

Congrats to everyone who got married last week! hahha Send pictures!

Sister Turner:)











No comments:

Post a Comment