Hello Hello Hello!! First of all thank you so much for
all the love and support you've all been sending me! Also shout out to my
family for eating thanksgiving rice in my honor! My thanksgiving was actually a
pretty good one. We had a district meeting where we talked about being grateful
and how to serve our area better. Tapos, the sisters all went out to eat lunch
and had a great time laughing and went around saying all the things we were
grateful for. Just like home! It was cute:) Then for our thanksgiving dinner we
made french toast(which actually tastes good wherever you are in the world
apparently so woohoo) and BALUT. Balut is the traditional Filipino delicacy.
You can Google it for more info but basically it is a boiled egg but it has a
half formed chick with feathers and brain and beak. That was HILARIOUS to see
each other try. Definitely a once in a mission thing i'm thinking. I don't know
if I can send videos on my email but if not, I've got a really funny video to
show you in 14 months! haha
Also I got mail yesterday!!! It was a padded envelope
from my ward back home!! It had cute notes from the kids who I used to babysit
and sweet notes from the relief society and some cute treats. I cannot even
tell you how happy it made me! It was a super surreal moment because I remember
making those care packages for missionaries and now I AM THE MISSIONARY!!! so
weird and surreal. I am so blessed and thank you so much!
So This week was just very surreal because I am done with
training now! Tomorrow Sister Mccoard will be transferring and I will
get a new companion and lead this area. We spent all day yesterday trying to
teach as many of our investigators and visit everyone she wanted to before
leaving. We took a bunch of pictures with them which i will send probably next
week because the computer is being weird. I'm really sad Sister M is leaving. I
love her so much and was hoping we could stay together for Christmas! Actually
one of the Ap's told us we were supposed to stay together another 6 weeks but
something happened in the mission here they needed to separate a companionship
so we ended up getting split. I am sad but I know that ultimately everything is
part of the Lord's plan and I am excited to have my first "real"
companion where I am a normal and 100% official missionary. We have a family
getting baptized on Dec. 13 and I am so excited for them! I'll send
you more on all our amazing investigators next week hopefully!
December is the rainy season here in Phili and it
definitely hasn't disappointed. I had a really cool missionary slash life
moment Saturday night because we had been punted all day (where no
one is home/all our appointments fall through) and it started raining SO HARD.
For like 3 hours straight and the roads were completely empty and we literally
were wading through like 6 inches of water and deeper in some places and i'm
just like trying to hold my skirt and umbrella and scriptures (I NEED A
WATERPROOF SCRIPTURE CASE) and it was so crazy and dark and insane and all I
could think is "This is SO COOL! I am a missionary in the Philippines
"swimming" through gross water to go teach people about the gospel of
Jesus Christ. IT IS THE BEST!
The Lord blesses me so much every single day. One of the
ways he blesses me is by giving me weaknesses because those weaknesses force me
to rely on him and when I rely on him I really do become strong. I feel his
love in my life often and know I am where I am supposed to be. I love you all
and hope you have a wonderful week! Let Heavenly Father and our savior Jesus
Christ help you with the things you may be struggling with. You can become
strong and feel their love no matter what may be happening.
I am praying for you always,
Sister Turner:)
No comments:
Post a Comment