Hello Everyone!
I hope you all had a wonderful Christmas and week! This will
probably be a short email because not too much happened this week. At the
beginning of the week I started feeling alittle under the weather and by
Christmas I was full-on sick. It was funny, when I walked into a meeting on
Christmas morning, one of the Elders asked "Sister Turner, what did santa
leave you for christmas" and I answered in my broken voice
"Pnuemonia!" haha because that is what it felt like. I had a fever
and every symptom of the flu plus a pnuemonia cough. I ended up sleeping half
the day Christmas eve but luckily before that we go to go to a lunch
appointment with our recent convert family and they were so sweet! they had set
up a Christmas raffle and we had alot of fun with that even though i was
basically dying inside haha
On December 26 I skyped home and it was so great! I have the
best family and i love them and miss them a lot. It was great to talk. After
the skype, I had another rest day at the request of the mission presidents wife
and I requested a blessing for my sickness and also my back which has been
hurting a lot more lately(but don't yall worry. Faith!) It was so sweet because
our ZL's came to give me a blessing and as they were leaving my companion says
"are you in a hurry?" and they say no and then she asks them to go
get my medicine for me. They were more than happy to do it but I was kind of
bummed because I wanted to go to the store and try to OYM there (because it is
really boring to be on bedrest!) but I finally let them get it for us and since
people are extra nice to sick sister missionaries on Christmas, we not only got
medicine but also lemon lime Gatorade(my favorite!) and dinner from jollybee!
woohoo Our Zone leaders rock.
The next day I was determined to work and we had a really
great day and were able to talk to and teach lots of people(or maybe it just
seemed like lots compared to the 0 the two days before haha) One woman we are
teaching lives in the Elder's area but we have specific permission to teach her
because of her situation. Anyways, what happened was as we were sitting outside
her house teaching her, The elder who gave me the blessing the day before and
our ward mission leader (who were on splits) walk around the corner and it was
so awkward because poor Elder was so shocked to see me there 1)working when i
was supposed to be resting and 2)in HIS area that he just stood there shocked
and then I guess I looked really sick still so our ward mission leader, Kenneth
who I'm friends with goes "Sister Turner! Are you okay? You don't look too
good!" and like leans over to check my forehead temperature with his hand.
And all of this is in the middle of our lesson. I'm trying to reel it all in by
telling Elder "Hey, we have permission to be here i will talk to you later
and explain everything" but he still won't leave! haha then our
investigator Ruby goes and says to them "Doesn't sister Turner look great?
When she got here she was a little chubby but now she looks great! Like a
princess! Don't you think so Elder! " SO YEAH THAT HAPPENED. It was so
embarrassing haha but also hilarious.
The only other thing that happened this week was we went to
the "thinking cup" which is my favorite resturant. It's a library
cafe and they play Taylor swift music and have the only alfredo pasta I have
been able to find in the philippines so far. It's the best. I'll include
pictures.



No comments:
Post a Comment