They did walk uprightly before God, imparting to one another both temporally and spiritually according to their needs and their wants.--Mosiah 18:29

Monday, February 16

Still Small Voice

Hello po!

I am running short on time today but I just want to share one experience with you from Sunday evening. We went on splits with members and my group had gone to at least 6 houses to meet only ayaw, drunk investigators, or walang tao. But of course missionaries press forward and a little change in our schedule won't hold us back! I wasn't sure where to go, so I stopped for a second and said a little prayer in my head and this thought came to me to check back on a former investigator. So we followed the idea and when we got there, the people weren't home but once we were there, I thought of another investigator we had not been to in a long time who lived nearby so we went to her house and as we began to "tao po" ,her neighbor looked out her window and so I started talking to her. She hurried down to open the door and let us in almost immediately. As we began sharing our message with her, I could tell she was very prepared by the Lord and she had a sweet spirit about her. She opened up to us that her boyfriend had died of cancer last September and the grief and pains he felt was almost too much for her to bare. The spirit led me to share a part of the plan of salvation with her and give her that pamphlet. I felt the spirit so strongly as I testified to her of God's plan of happiness for us all and that I knew she could have hope to see him again! As we were closing she said "I was upstairs crying because my heart hurt so bad and I was just asking for help and then I heard your voices calling and I thought it was probably for my neighbor but you ended up talking to me!" How great is our calling! How amazing is the spirit that by small and simple promptings followed, he can lead us exactly where we need to be ,when we need to be there! I'm so grateful he prepared Sister Jessalyn to hear our message. I love being a missionary, I really do!


Sister Turner:)

No comments:

Post a Comment