They did walk uprightly before God, imparting to one another both temporally and spiritually according to their needs and their wants.--Mosiah 18:29

Monday, February 23

Big News !!!!

Okay so this email is going to be crazy. Are you ready? Are you sitting down? 

I guess I'll start by saying that this week I was sick again! Well, my whole apartment actually. We all had the flu and literally looked like death and felt worse. I slept for like 3 days straight and took a bunch of medicine and prayed for a recovery. Luckily I feel a lot better now! I really feel like the motto of my mission will be "the flesh is weak but the spirit is willing" haha oh man I just want to be HEALTHY!!!! 

On Saturday we dragged ourselves out to attend the baptism of Marvin Magallona!! He is 14 years old and basically the coolest kid ever. It's really neat because he is the son of Annie, my first baptism here in Daraga 6 months ago. It has been such a blessing to see them both grow and progress in so many ways. Marvin is probably my favorite person to teach because he is always so prepared. He really studies his assignments and prays and does his part to know for himself what we teach is true. That's why his testimony is so rock solid. He is a very shy kid but he has gotten really involved with the young men at church and is coming out of his shell a lot. He has such great potential. I just know one day he will serve a mission! His mom is so excited for him and now their goal is to prepare to go to the temple so they can do the temple work for Marvin's Dad who passed away last year. The spirit was so strong at this baptism, I was so grateful to be a part of it. I know this is just the beginning of a wonderful life in the gospel for him! After the baptism we rushed home to an Family Home evening we had with our neighbors and one of the sweet families we teach. We all had such a great time together and sister Vi and I sang the hymn "Love at home" in English,Tongan and Tagalog. It was so cool! I think my Tongan may have progressed more than my Tagalog the last 12 weeks with my Tongan companion haha. 

Anyways Saturday night after the family home evening we received our transfer announcement text. 
I have been here in Daraga my whole mission which is about 6 months now. I've already been here much longer than normal for a first area plus my companion will be going home soon so we all thought I would be leaving and she would stay here and end her mission BUT I guess the Lord had something different in mind for me because I just found out I will be staying here in Daraga another 3 months and TRAINING a new missionary!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. When I found out that I was all kinds of shocked. For one, I will stay in my first area for over half my mission and second, I will now become a senior companion and trainer who will instruct the new missionary on how to be a good missionary and speak Tagalog and LAHAT. hahahah I think the thing I'm really coming to see on my mission is the Lord has a sense of humor! To be completely honest, when I first found out I was a little upset because I was wanting to leave and transfer to a new area(not because I don't love it here but because I felt ready to move on) and I didn't want to be left to deal with all the problems here on my own, and I don't really know Tagalog and all these negative things were running through my head and I'm just like I don't want to do this! This isn't what I want! And then I heard the spirit whisper to me among the loudness of all my thoughts and gently say "Journey, It's not about what you want." Dang. That sure humbled me real quick. It's so true. I did not come half way across the world on a mission to do what I wanted to do. I'm here because I am seeking to do the will of my Father in Heaven. Now I'm actually really excited for the opportunity to train! My game plan is to do my very best and have a lot of faith and pray ALL THE TIME and hopefully if I teach her anything, I can show my new companion how amazing missions are and how I really do know and believe that no matter what our trial or circumstance may be, if we have faith in our Heavenly Father and trust in him, ALL things will work out. Even the hard things. The Lord never promised us he will take away all of our problems or hard times, but he promises that if we are faithful and continue to persevere, one day he will deliver us and all the things in our life will be for our good and give us experience. He also promises that along the way, even if we are having a hard time, he can strengthen us to be able to endure it well. I think I am maybe most grateful for that. Jeffery Holland once said "The Atonement of Jesus Christ will carry the missionary much more than the investigator" and I have come to have a testimony of the truthfulness of that. 

I'll keep you updated on all the new changes that will be happening! I'm sure it's going to be an interesting next few months! 

I love you all and am excited to email you next week as an official 20 year old!!! 
(also just to put it out there I am trying really hard to not have a quarter life crisis about getting so old. yucks talaga.)

Mahal ko kayo. Palagi manalangin ko para sa inyo lahat. Sana parahis kayo sa akin haha. Ingat kayo palagi. Dapat kakain kayo lahat ang birthday cake sa honor ko sa sabado kasi special na special ang pecheng na ito. 


Sister Turner:) 

No comments:

Post a Comment