They did walk uprightly before God, imparting to one another both temporally and spiritually according to their needs and their wants.--Mosiah 18:29

Monday, March 2

20 Years Old and Still Kicking….

Hello dear family and friends!

    First of all, thank you so much for all the birthday wishes! Honestly my birthday was just kind of weird. haha I wasn't going to tell anyone it was my birthday because I really wanted to just work really hard and that kind of be my gift to Heavenly Father this year but one of my housemates knew and she surprised us by decorating our kitchen! It was also way cool because my new housemate has the same birthday as me! Except she is 28 haha But we woke up and said happy birthday to one another and I was just like "wow! It's my first birthday I've had as a twin! This is so fun!" And at night our neighbors who are members gave us this awesome cake so we sang and blew out birthday candles and it was fun:) Also I got mom and dad's package!!! So now I have shoes! and mac and cheese! and other random things that I love SO MUCH! ahh that was the best. Thank you so much!

    This week was kind of crazy because we started off with transfers and my companion sister Vi became companions with my trainer sister mccoard! haha so crazy. On Tuesday we ended up going to Ligau about 30 minutes away to get one of the trainers clothes and stuff and then came back for a leadership trainers training thing. It was SO GOOD. The spirit was so strong and I learned so much. Then we went home and got our apartment all cleaned and ready for our little trainees to arrive! On Tuesday we headed to Legazpi for the orientation and to meet our new companions. So here's a little bit about my new comp! Her name is Sister Snyder from Hurricane,Utah. She is 22 years old and really awesome. When I met her I just loved her immediately. She is so great. She is super hardworking and wants to be exactly obedient and follow the spirit so I think we will get along just fine. I can already see how different it is to be senior companion. There are so many responsibilities and things to do, sometimes my brain is just in overdrive and like the last couple nights I keep having dreams where I'm teaching lessons to investigators in Tagalog and I can't sleep... I am so tired! haha But  The best part so far I think is just seeing how far I have come and recognizing the blessings the lord had given me. For example with the language. I never realized how far I have come in Tagalog until now when I am teaching entire lessons by myself in another language and also teaching my foreigner companion the language as well. The gift of tongues is SO REAL. It's funny because the people we have been teaching since I was in training here 6 months ago are all like "sister turner! she is JUST like you were! now you are like sister mccoard" and its so weird because it's true! I feel like every thought I have now​is just a constant prayer of how I can help my investigators and how I can help sister Snyder and for strength to know what the Lord wants me to do and then being able to do it. It's hard but I feel him giving me the strength I need each day. I know that our Father in Heaven lives and loves us and knows us perfectly. He gives us no trial we cannot conquer. I feel so blessed to know this and to be able to share it with everyone I meet!

I love you all!

Have a great week! 


Sister Turner:)

No comments:

Post a Comment