They did walk uprightly before God, imparting to one another both temporally and spiritually according to their needs and their wants.--Mosiah 18:29

Monday, March 30

Because He Lives

Happy Monday From the Philippines My Dear Friends and Family!

How are you all doing? I just want to start by saying thank you so much to everyone who writes me and the support you send my way. If I don't get a chance to reply that often, just please know I really appreciate your words and it helps me alot so MARAMING SALAMAT!

Sige so let's get started on this week:

I think I would describe this week by saying "It was the best of times, it was the worst of times. We had a lot of wonderful blessings especially where we were able to find knew families who were so excited slash receptive to the gospel. We were able to extend baptismal dates for next month to three families and they all accepted! I am excited for them and they are all super special, I can't wait to help them reach their goal of learning more about the gospel and being baptized. This week was a little hard because our super progressing family was planning on getting married this week so they could get baptized next week but a bunch of problems came up and everything kind of halted. I have hope for them though and I know that as they keep their desire to follow Christ and act on their faith in him, everything will work out.

This past Thursday was my dear kasama's birthday! It was awesome because it was on a Thursday so we had district meeting and we arranged everyone to sing for her and made this big card signed from everyone in the zone and went out to lunch. It was so fun and I think she really enjoyed her day. At night, we had Balut for dinner (I dont think she enjoyed that part as much). haha this Time around it was a lot grosser because our kabahay had bought like fully developed chicks. NEVER AGAIN I tell you. Yucks talaga.

One of our "Eternal Investigators" is Sister Wana. She is the cutest little Nanay and she has been taught off and on by the missionaries for about 5 years. I have been teaching her my WHOLE mission and this Sunday she came to church for the first time ever!!!!!!!!!!! It was the best miracle ever! She has previously not come to church because she suffered from a stroke a while back and had always been scared her body would be too weak to leave the house. But she has such a desire to learn and be baptized and we explained that in order for her to get baptized, she needed to go to church. On Saturday night, the AP's came with us to her house and gave her a blessing to give her the strength to go to church if she had the faith. It was such a powerful blessing!!!!!! The priesthood is so cool talaga. Sunday morning we went by to pick her up and she was still in her pajamas and eating breakfast and she goes "maybe next time sisters" and I just felt the spirit say "nope. she needs this today" and I just walk in her house and Say "Okay Nay, Let's get ready, Well be happy to wait for you to get ready. Were just gonna sit right here. Don't feel rushed and we'll all go to church together when you're ready" and she said okay and got all dressed up and we headed over there and she stayed for all three hours of church and loved it! I felt true charity and love her her and as we were sitting there in sacrament meeting together, I had this glimpse of the love and care that Heavenly Father has for this 86 year old daughter of his. He really does know us all perfectly and is mindful of every one of us.

This Easter weekend I feel grateful for the opportunity to serve my savior through serving those around me. Even though my mission is really hard sometimes, I am grateful to serve it because everything I do, I am doing for my Savior, because I love him. I KNOW that Jesus Christ suffered and died for us all and that he lives again today. That all things are possible through him and his atonement. How great the joy that sentence gives.. I know that my redeemer lives.

This Easter, take some extra time to remember him and all he has done.

I love you all!

Sister Turner:)

No comments:

Post a Comment