Hello Everyone!
I really wish I had more time because every week before I
email I write out this really long list of things I want to mention or talk
about and then I end up with like 5 minutes to write this thing. Sorry if it's
a little scrambled.
Sister Snyder and I had a really great week this week.
My testimony this week really was strengthened on the power of setting goals. I
feel that when we set goals as a missionary, we really are demonstrating our
faith in the Lord. We trust in him that if we work our very hardest, striving
to be worthy of the spirit and strive to be exactly obedient to the mission
directions and rules and guidelines in the white handbook and Preach my gospel,
he will allow miracles to happen for us. He will truly allow us to become his
instruments. One thing I feel has really become a strength of mine is OYM'ing.
We always joke around that I am a "Lean,mean OYM'in machine". This is
literally one of my favorite things to do as a missionary! I want to talk to
EVERYONE about the gospel! I had this thought that we should contact the zone
leaders and ask what the record for number of OYMs in one day was and strive to
beat that. I wasn't trying to be competitive or beat others but I thought it would
really help sister sndyer and I to be motivated to work even harder and to push
ourselves. We found out the highest they had heard was 41 oym's in a day so
this week on Thursdaywe did 51 oym's in one day. It was such an amazing
experience. We were able to meet our goal, and receive many return appointments
and potential investigators as well as new investigators that came from that. I
really saw the Lord's hand in that day and I felt that I was really fulfilling
my purpose as I literally invited everyone I saw or met to come unto Christ. I
want to always do that! We also had some amazing experiences with new
investigators being so ready and prepared for the gospel! The Lord has really
blessed us so much this week I really can't even explain. This week we reached
every standard of excellence for our mission(which I have never been able to do
before) except for church attendance which was close but hey, agency. I've also
been having some really great experiences with working with members and trying
to build up the ward. We are now working closely with a lot of the leaders of
the ward and hopefully will continue moving forward in this direction.
Some crazy things happened this week like we worked with
some sisters from masbate and went on splits and I was with two sisters who
were in training and as we were walking home, a drunk motorcyclist hit one of
the sisters! She was okay and he only bruised her arm but we were all a bit
shaken up and I called the AP's trying to be all mature on the side of the road
and deal with this crazy situation and ask what we needed to do (go to the
hospital, office etc.)but I probably sounded freaked out because they insisted
on picking us up and they were kind enough to take us to the office to check
out her arm and gave her some ice cream as a "sorry you got hit by a
motorcycle" gift. I felt so bad. But I am really thankful she was okay.
Another weird thing that happened was unexpected exchanges which is when the
STLs randomly show up at your house to see if you are doing what you should or
not and luckily ours went really well and I was super happy we are exactly
obedient missionaries so i didn't have to be all chastised. haha
We also had interviews with the mission president this week
and it was really great. I always learn so much from talking to President
Guanzon! He gave me a blessing and it really helped me.
I am learning so much each day and just love being a
missionary. Even when it's hard, I love being a missionary. I would never give
it up for anything and I am so grateful for this opportunity. This week
especially,I feel like my body is really tired and getting worn down but I
believe the Lord can give me the strength to push on. I will sleep for a very
long time when I get home, but for now I am on the Lord's errand.
I love you all very much!
Sister Turner:)
No comments:
Post a Comment