They did walk uprightly before God, imparting to one another both temporally and spiritually according to their needs and their wants.--Mosiah 18:29

Monday, April 27

Bamboo Tree Planting

Kumusta sa inyo lahat!

Short on time this week so I will just post parts of my letter to president this week and bullet points. sorry. it'shard to do everything in one hour!! haha I'll work on my typing skills. 

This has been another good week. I've really learned the power of working with members lately and my testimony of that has really been strengthened. I realize now how having members present and active in our work not only positively influences the people we teach but it also helps us missionaries and of course lifts the ward. Needless to say, I am converted to the power of member missionary work and will keep working hard to get things going in that department. Another thing I have really learned this week is how to reextend baptism days. I have been pretty good lately about extending on the first visit but not so good at reextending if they haven't been keeping commitments. On exchanges, Sister Jemino really helped me to develop that skill more and to always make sure our investigators have a baptismal date so they can be focusing their efforts on making that first covenant. It was great. I learned a ton. Sister Snyder and I have been blessed with so many great new investigators this week! I am excited to continue teaching and helping them. This week we have a lot of great goals to become more obedient, more masipag and more useful tools in the lord's hands. I am so excited to fulfill our goals and help the Lord the very most we can in his work here in Daraga 1C.  The Lord really blessed me with comfort this week especially through fasting and prayer. One thing I have been studying a lot in my personal study is charity and love. I am trying to qualify for and use that charity and love of Christ more in this work and also in my companionship. It's helping a lot. Another thing I have started doing is keeping a gratitude journal where each day throughout the day I write all the blessings, big and small, I see the Lord blessing me and how I see his hand in my life and in this work. I got this idea from my study in the scriptures as I noticed that the righteous and joyful disciples of Christ always "remembered the things the Lord had done for their fathers(and themselves)". It has been a really great experience and I feel so much happier as I become more and more grateful to Heavenly Father. 

1. On tuesday one of my favorite members worked with us and then treated us to lunch at this yummy restaurant and it was great!

2. On my half day mark sa mission we have a stake wide CSP where we got to plant bamboo trees and it was SO FUN. I will bring my kids back and show them and be like "yeah, mommy planted that!!" . boom. leaving my mark on the Philippines:)

3. Met an amazing new investigator who i will write more about next week. his name is fred and he is so golden. 

4. on sunday we had 3 investigators come to church!! we didn't even have to pick them up they came on their own! Maybe my faith is a little too low but when church started and noone was there I was alittle sad but they walked in during the hymn and I almost cried I was so happy. I cant even explain the efforts we go to get people to church and its been a long time! BLESSINGS. 

5. Sister manahan fed all us missionaries after church and it was great 

I'll try to send all my pictures next week. oh and today we went to the zoo and it was so fun. I'll send pictures too.I saw an anaconda! yucks. 

Sorry this is so scattered. Love you all and thanks for the love,support and letters!! 

Ingat!

Sister Turner:)

No comments:

Post a Comment