Hello Po!
How is everyone doing? I miss you all and love you all! We
just got a new rule in our mission that we can only have one hour to write the
mission president and to email instead of the two before so I'm going to try
and type this really fast! Sorry if I am slow at replying to you all. Just know
that I love you and read every email you send and it really helps and lifts me
up!
Martes: Today we were able to teach a former investigator
named Letty. She is so kind and we were able to teach her friend with her.
Halfway through the lesson, we actually found out her friend,Pearl had
been baptized and has been less active for about 11 years but read
the Book of Mormon still! She doesn't live here but she gave us her information
so we can send missionaries to her and her non-member family. She really wants
to come back to church! It's amazing how the Lord really prepares and puts
people in our path constantly. Actually, a pattern I have noticed in
the work lately is that almost everyone we talk to is not in our area! I feel
like all I do is find awesome people for other missionaries to teach! Which is
fine because "we're all on the same team" but I really wish I could
teach the cool people we keep meeting! Today we also taught one of our new
investigators Jessa. She is 19 and even though we have only taught her for
about 2 weeks so is SO GOLDEN and so progressing. I love teaching her because
she is always excited to learn more about our message and always does her
reading assignments/commitments. She has already prayed about Joseph smith and
knows he was a prophet and says she feels our whole message is true! She
accepted a baptismal day so we are working on helping her get there:)
Miercoles: Today we were able to teach the Rhoa family. They
have been less active for about 12 years since they were
really offended by members/missionaries before. We have been going
there the past 9 months just trying to build relationships and trust with them
but they never would let us missionaries in. Then. Today and MIRACLE happened. They
let us come in and teach the whole family! The spirit was so strong! They even
let us set a return appointment to go back next week. See?
Miracles.We've really seen alot of blessings with focusing on the
less active members here. Just this week we had 2 members come to
church who haven't been for years. One of the sisters in the row in
front of me turned around and said "Wow sister turner, you reactivated
them?" And I just thought. Nope. I didn't do anything. But Heavenly Father
is AMAZING! and I'm so blessed to get to see all his miracles and blessings as
they fall into place. One of my new personal goals is to make sure we use the
ward more in our missionary efforts and have at least one member work with us a
day. It's been going pretty well and even if we don't end up teaching
a lesson with the member there because we were punted or whatever, I know that
no effort is wasted and even just spending a few hours doing the Lord's work
can strengthen these members and bring our ward closer together and closer to
the ward.
Hwuebes: Today the most significant thing that happened was
when we oym'd a family and got halfway through our message before realizing the
dad was wayyyyyyyy drunk. I THOUGHT HE WAS JUST A HAPPY GUY! haha Needless to
say we closed the lesson really abruptly and got out of there quick.
Viernes: Today we had Zone training and it was really good.
We learned how to better apply our mission directions and rules. AKA "How
to be more obedient 101". Our mission president is really inspired and I know
that all the new and additional rules will really bless us to be more focused
and dedicated missionaries. That what I want more than anything, so I'm glad
Heavenly Father is providing the ways for me to do that!
So all and all things are going pretty well. Of course
nothing is ever perfect, or always happy BUT life(and my mission) is way too
short to dwell on the unhappy parts. There is just too much good! I hope you
all have a wonderful week! Thank you so much for all the support and love! I
will continue to pray for each of you! This thursday is my HUMP day! Half way
through my mission...I just can't believe it. I won't waste a minute!
Mahal Kita! Ingat lagi kayo lahat. Dapat may ngiti palagi!
Sister Turner:)
No comments:
Post a Comment