Kumusta! Sobrang mabalis yong week na ito. Salamat para sa
lahat suporta ibinigay ninyo sa akin sa pamamagitan ng mga sulat at salita mo.
Mahal ko kayo lahat tailiga.
This week we had alot of "ayaws". In tagalog, ayaw
means "don't like" or "not interested". I'm not sure what
caused it but maybe because the Pope is here visiting in the Philippines.
No one would listen to us. It was honestly weird because we went to visit
people and it's like everyone in this country was watching the Pope do mass on
the television. It was like being in Salt Lake on General Conference weekend!
haha Sister Vi and I were able to have some good humor with all the situations
though and just laughed as the ways people hid from us/blew us off this week.
Really. Shout out to creativity! Sister Vi thought it was funniest when people
would come to the door, look us straight in the eyes and then not say a word a
shut the door and lock it but I personally thought the funniest was when we
went to visit some parents who we had taught before and they asked us to come
back. Their kids opened the door and when we asked if their mom was home they
said yes and went to get her. Then they came back and said no one one home. So
them we asked the kid when his mom would come home and he turns and yells
"Momma! when will you come home??" hahaha oh man. Gotta laugh so we
don't cry.
This week we had another Typhoon but it wasn't too bad, we
had a curfew at 6pm though so it was nice we didn't have to work
through it. Oh the way home mga 5:30 we really wasn't to
try oym'ing one more house even though the storm was already pretty bad. A
sweet couple let us in their home and we had a very spiritual lesson with them.
I think my favorite thing to teach is that through
sacred ordinances in the gospel of Jesus Christ, It is possible for
families to be together forever. How great is my calling that I get to share
that message with families who love each other and help them on the
path to a temple of God where they can be sealed with the restored priesthood
authority of God.
One miracle that happened this week was we went to pick up
an investigator for church the day after the typhoon and she ended up saying
she didn't want to come so as we were leaving her house we were power walking
so fast to get the 2 miles from her house to the church in 5 minutes so we
wouldn't be late (haha hey! a girl can dream,right?) She lives on the railroads
and the mud in between the tracks was so slippery. I was walking and all of the
sudden like slipped so bad but instead of twisting my ankle or falling down the
cliff on the side I just slid for a while and then recovered! BLESSINGS! It was
such a close one hah.
Oh and fun fact in case you were wondering, it takes
approximately 7 days to walk enough to have holes in your plastic crocs you buy
in the Philippines. I have already walked holes in 2 shoes and 2 ruined
from water damage and 1 eaten by a dog during a lesson. I hope I can find some
today to tide me over until my package from home with shoes gets here. I don't
know if all my shoes breaking are a sign we are hard working or I need better
shoes. Probably both. haha My companion and I at least both have unity because
we both walk around with holey shoes and I'll be like "sister! You're so
righteous, even your shoes are holey!" (10 points to whoever gets the
Harry Potter reference in that)
All in all I can't complain because even when times are
hard, we are still doing the Lords work and I wouldn't want to be anywhere else
doing anything else.
Hope you all have a great week!
Sister Turner:)
p.s- I'm turning 20 years old next month!!!!! If you happen
to want to send cards/letters maybe I'll just self-promote and give my address
since I don't think I have ever given it. This is for the mission office and if
you send it here, they will get it to me. Thanks! Love yall:)
152 Rizal Street
Barangay Sagpon, Daraga
4501 Albay, Philippines
No comments:
Post a Comment