They did walk uprightly before God, imparting to one another both temporally and spiritually according to their needs and their wants.--Mosiah 18:29

Monday, June 22

Baby Snakes

So if the title of this alarms you. It should. Because I literally found baby snakes in my bedroom this week. And I testify that missions change people because I literally didn't even freak out I just texted the elders "What is the best way to kill baby snakes and how do we keep them out of our apartment?" and then they called us and asked the situation and took a 30 minute jeepney ride from their area to come check out house for us because on the phone call I said "yes elders, they are only babies now but where do babies come from??" and Elder Cameron says "a mom" and I go "yes exactly. there is a mama snake hiding in our walls somewhere like in harry potter!!!!!!" so after that they came real quick and our whole neighborhood got worked up about it and it was crazy. They didn't find anything but they said they thought it was in the attic. So I basically live in fear every night when i go to sleep. But don't worry about me, i'll be fine. It mostly was just a funny story because my last apartment has rats and this one has snakes and i don't want to know what the next one will have haha. 

After that experience, the week went pretty normal. Life is really good here in Ligao. I'm super happy. I love the people I teach, the members, my companion and the scenery. I love getting lost in the work here even if that means getting lost in some random rice field. I love being a missionary. I feel happy all the time now! The spirit is so amazing. It can turn any situation into a good one. We had exchanges with the STL's this week and I was companions again with my followup sister Vi! Oh man it was so fun we had the best day. I miss her and she goes home next week! Tomorrow is my 11 month mark and that is freaking me out but I just want to keep working my hardest and trying to be a good representative of Jesus Christ here while I can. The time goes so fast. I sure don't want it to end. 

I love you all and I hope all is well! Thanks to everyone who emailed me! And thanks for the prayers because I can feel them all the way over here. 

Have a great week!

Sister Turner:)

No comments:

Post a Comment