sorry im out of time so I'll just forward part of my letter
to president to yall so i send something. sorry it's just missionary talk and
maybe boring but thats my life haha
Hello po President!
This week we were very blessed and had alot of success here in Ligao. We have been very diligent in our tracting and seeking referrals to find new investigators. This week we got 13 new investigators which is double the amount we had when I got here! I know the Lord will continue to bless us and lead us to the people who are ready to receive the gospel as we continue to work our hardest and strive to be exactly obedient and follow all the mission directions and rules. Another blessing we had this week was member presents. When I got here, I noticed the members and leaders did not have a lot of trust or respect for the missionaries because of past experiences they had had with missionaries. Their enthusiasm wasn't too high to work with us or to give referrals. Sister Siilata and I have been making an effort to build their trust in us as representatives of the savior and as missionaries. We have been doing lots of planned and unplanned service and also trying to improve missionary conduct. I shared with sister siilata that I truly believe as we strive harder to have Christlike and professional conduct always and love the members and investigators and less actives as he would, we will slowly build back the trust and respect that was lost for missionaries. It has already shown amazing results. Another thing I implemented first thing when I got here was trying to be bold and always exactly obedient even if we stand alone. I am grateful or my companion who has a strong desire as well to be obedient and has willingly made the necessary changes with me. I feel like I am improving in standing for whats right even in hard situations and also improving in correcting pasaway behavior in a more Christlike way. I still have along way to go but I'm grateful because I really see I have improved in my ability to do those things. Another thing we have been working on is focusing on Tatay. When I got here I noticed we had many less active and recent convert sisters whose husbands had never been taught by the missionaries. So we jumped on that opportunity and in my first few visits with the families we were able to OYM Tatay and show him the respect as head of the household and with many of the families we are now teaching the Father with his family and they are all progressing together. I see lots of potential in this area for completing families in the gospel so that they may go to the temple and receive all the blessings Heavenly Father has for their family. So I am really excited about these new part member families we are teaching! As well as the couples and families we have found through our own tracting efforts. Although the work here in Ligao is definitely not easy and we have faced plenty of trying moments, we are trying to find the positive and all things and I know that the field here is white all ready to harvest, we just need to keep searching until we find that right field. I've also seen the blessings of focusing on the true needs of each less active with our visits instead of just a "weekly check up visit". We have been boldly inviting then to keep commitments and make changes that they really need in order to come back into full activity. Many miracles and progress have come from this new mindset towards our less actives here in Ligao. There is a lot of work to do to get this are to it's highest potential but I know that we can do it with the Lord's help and of course with patience and hardwork.
This week we were very blessed and had alot of success here in Ligao. We have been very diligent in our tracting and seeking referrals to find new investigators. This week we got 13 new investigators which is double the amount we had when I got here! I know the Lord will continue to bless us and lead us to the people who are ready to receive the gospel as we continue to work our hardest and strive to be exactly obedient and follow all the mission directions and rules. Another blessing we had this week was member presents. When I got here, I noticed the members and leaders did not have a lot of trust or respect for the missionaries because of past experiences they had had with missionaries. Their enthusiasm wasn't too high to work with us or to give referrals. Sister Siilata and I have been making an effort to build their trust in us as representatives of the savior and as missionaries. We have been doing lots of planned and unplanned service and also trying to improve missionary conduct. I shared with sister siilata that I truly believe as we strive harder to have Christlike and professional conduct always and love the members and investigators and less actives as he would, we will slowly build back the trust and respect that was lost for missionaries. It has already shown amazing results. Another thing I implemented first thing when I got here was trying to be bold and always exactly obedient even if we stand alone. I am grateful or my companion who has a strong desire as well to be obedient and has willingly made the necessary changes with me. I feel like I am improving in standing for whats right even in hard situations and also improving in correcting pasaway behavior in a more Christlike way. I still have along way to go but I'm grateful because I really see I have improved in my ability to do those things. Another thing we have been working on is focusing on Tatay. When I got here I noticed we had many less active and recent convert sisters whose husbands had never been taught by the missionaries. So we jumped on that opportunity and in my first few visits with the families we were able to OYM Tatay and show him the respect as head of the household and with many of the families we are now teaching the Father with his family and they are all progressing together. I see lots of potential in this area for completing families in the gospel so that they may go to the temple and receive all the blessings Heavenly Father has for their family. So I am really excited about these new part member families we are teaching! As well as the couples and families we have found through our own tracting efforts. Although the work here in Ligao is definitely not easy and we have faced plenty of trying moments, we are trying to find the positive and all things and I know that the field here is white all ready to harvest, we just need to keep searching until we find that right field. I've also seen the blessings of focusing on the true needs of each less active with our visits instead of just a "weekly check up visit". We have been boldly inviting then to keep commitments and make changes that they really need in order to come back into full activity. Many miracles and progress have come from this new mindset towards our less actives here in Ligao. There is a lot of work to do to get this are to it's highest potential but I know that we can do it with the Lord's help and of course with patience and hardwork.
Love you all, I hope you have a good week! Sorry this is not
really a real email I had to report alot of stuff to my mission president this
week and it took like the whole hour. The above is just a third or my letter
haha but the other is confidential so I didn't include it. Keep the faith!
Sister Turner:)
No comments:
Post a Comment